CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6 Weeks, 3 Days

Oy.. I woke up feeling pretty fine. Which is good because Riley was a handful today from the get go. I cannot keep him dressed for the life of me. He has to be completely naked all the time. Today he had fun putting things in the toilet. He got the toilet flusher handle and dropped it in there! I honestly don't know sometimes how I"m going to handle a baby and I'm freaking out just a little, but nevertheless, I still feel extremely blessed and flattered that God thinks I can do this. :)

I decided to audit the pregnancy symptoms so far:
#1 Morning sickness, with and without vomiting.
#2 Cravings of pumpkin pie and pb&j's
#3 Changes in my taste buds. I can't handle foods that used to be my favorite. They taste COMPLETELY different!
#4 Super hero strength sense of smell
#5 I'm kinda needy.. Not that I need Matt to do everything for me, but in the way of, I need Matt. I just can't get enough of him. I pretty much want to spend every evening cuddled in a blanket next to him on the couch.
#6 I'm pretty emotional. Not necessarily in a bad way though. I do feel very inadequate and that's hard, but I also find pretty much everything hilarious! And when people do nice things for my I cry. So far it's mostly commercials that crack me up though and Matt looks at me like "ok?" and giggles at me laughing at the commercial. And Matt makes me laugh pretty hard too. What can I say? He's a funny guy!
#7 Bloating.. Oh.. my... painful!!!
#8 Round Ligament Pain (for those of you who don't know what that is, the ligaments that hold your uterus in place start to stretch and it feels like someone just stabbed you and twisted the knife when you sneeze, cough, stretch, laugh, stand up too fast, stuff like that. OUCH!)
#9 Extreme tiredness and I feel faint if I'm standing for more than a few minutes.
Those are pretty much the main ones...

I think the progesterone makes me sick, in fact I'm pretty sure it does. LOL That makes it so hard. Usually people take medicine to feel better. It's hard for me to know that the baby needs me to take this medicine, so I do, but I can't even describe the feeling of knowing that after I take it, I'm going to be so sick it's hard to move. For that reason I only take it when Matt's home to help with the kids, so I can just lie down on the couch and be completely miserable.

The sickness I get after I take the pills is the kind you feel when you have the flu really bad, and it feels like if you could just throw up, you'd feel so much better! So all you can do is lie there and squirm and feel like you're going to die. It's like you feel the ickiness down to your bones! I prefer the vomiting morning sickness by far!!!! But of course I'll do anything for my little sweet pea, so bring it on I guess...

That's pretty much how today has been.
See ya tomorrow! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Maternity tickers