CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 6, 2011

13 Weeks!

Ok for reals, I'm sorry I don't update this as much as I should. Let me give you an update on the "all over restless leg syndrome and heart pounding" thing.

I got noticing some things after I talked to the nurse. I glanced down at my arm where the cat had scratched me just a tiny little bit while it was playing with me. Nothing out of the ordinary, except for each of the little scratch marks had a bruise around them about a half an inch.. It seemed odd.
Then there was the spotting thing a week and a half ago.
Then there was something else that I will not discuss here, but everything had something to do with bleeding or bruising!

I was talking to my friend Katrina who is a very smart girl and who would know maybe something about this. I asked her what she thought. Her first question was about some vitamins and minerals I was maybe lacking.

That got me thinking that I had moved my prenatal vitamins and I'm pretty sure I hadn't taken them for a few days because I forgot! So immediately I went and took a vitamin. Sure enough, the symptoms stopped a little while after that.

It's pretty obvious what's happening, I just must be low on something!!! She thinks it's folic acid because it explains everything that was happening to me, and more that I didn't even mention. But I cancelled my appointment because you all know how THRILLED I was to be seeing the doctor again... :) And I figure if I take them faithfully, I can wait until my next normal appointment.

In other news.. It's been a week and a half since I was spotting. The doctor put me on pelvic rest for 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped, but I hadn't had even a single problem. And I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about, it sucked, and I figured that "it" wasn't the cause the first time I spotted, so it must be ok. :) I decided to end it early. Bad idea. :( I'm really really crampy today. I honestly don't think anything is wrong with the baby, it's just for one reason or another, this pregnancy is more "awful" than all my other ones. I do know that when he listens to the heart beat, he has to listen to it really low, so it could be that the baby just attached really close to my cervix maybe, so it's more sensitive.. Who knows. LOL

I just really can't believe how different this pregnancy is from the rest of them! The morning sickness was WAY more violent with this one, and while I still get it, it started going away at week 10! I usually have it up until the second trimester! I usually have ZERO complications until the third trimester. This time it feels like they're all hitting right from the beginning! Maybe once you hit the 25 year old mark everything goes to hell?? LOL Who knows..

It's probably not as bad as it feels. I probably stress myself out more than necessary, but in my defense, this whole pregnancy was a shock as it is!! I took medicine not safe for pregnancy before I knew I was pregnant to combat the weird symptoms I was having. My doctor said I'm fine, but still!! The good news, is I was faithfully taking vitamins that contained 900 micrograms of folic acid, so I was in the habit and it was in my system when we conceived already, which reduces risks a good deal. I guess just with everything it seems terrible compared to my usual first trimesters. :)

I guess too, I figure if it's like this THIS early, any things usually don't get bad until the 3rd trimester, how is my 3rd trimester going to be with this one?!?! I'm bracing myself a little bit. :) Ugh wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Maternity tickers