P.S. I wanted to let you all know that I can FOR SURE feel baby moving in there at night time. I thought I felt little beanie last week, but I wasn't sure enough it was my little squirt until this week. :) If I press on my tummy very gently, and then let go, I can feel little flutters. Sometimes when I first lie down or when I roll over it feels like the little person is doing flips! They say you can feel them earlier after your first pregnancy because you know what you're feeling for. And admittedly, I have to be lying down concentrating on whether or not I feel the baby, otherwise I'm too distracted to notice. It's for sure not strong enough to stop me in my tracks yet. :)
And now for my second observation:
Have you ever had restless leg syndrome?? It stinks. If not, let me describe that for you.. You lie down. You're extremely tired and you can't wait to doze off. Then you feel something in your legs. A feeling that seems to come from deep in your bones that you need to move them.. Or stretch them. Or wiggle them.. And if you don't, your skin will crawl right off your body. Sounds pleasant eh?
Now imagine feeling that feeling ALL OVER YOUR BODY!
It mostly happens a little while after I eat only it doesn't matter if I am in bed about to sleep or sitting on Riley's bed reading him a story, or doing the dishes. It feels like every part of my body is being invaded by something and all I want to do is squirm and wiggle. It has got to be the worst physical feeling I have ever experienced. The problem with this, is I have to eat at least every 2 hours or the morning sickness takes over and there really isn't any recovering from that for the rest of the day.. I feel like I have to choose between this horrible, weird feeling or throwing up constantly whether I've eaten anything or not!
I honestly have never felt this before in any of my pregnancies. I do however, know that the gestational diabetes has gotten progressively worse during all my pregnancies. And I do wonder, where it seems to happen after I have eaten, if that's what the cause is. The good news is this: Next visit (or maybe sooner, I called the nurse today to ask her what she thinks and I'm waiting for her to call me back) I have my glucose tolerance test. The other good news is that I can kind of experiment with this. Make sure that when I eat, I'm eating protein and very little carbs and see if that makes a difference.
*Update! The nurse just called me back and said that it doesn't sound normal at all and she wants me to go in tomorrow since they don't have openings today, and we need to figure out what's going on. So there we have it! haha! I told her that I feel really bad because last week I had the cramping and spotting, and the week before that was my normal appointment and I'm so nervous that my doctor is going to be like "you again?!?!" But she laughed at me and said not to worry, so I don't feel quite as bad. The one thing that brings me comfort, is every time I have called them, there has been something legitimately wrong that did need their pretty immediate attention, so I know I'm not completely wasting their time. But still.. I just don't want to be one of "those" ladies who are extremely needy.. Even if I do have good reasons for it. :0)
I have a feeling my nurses and doctor and I are going to be getting pretty close these next 6 month. LOL
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment