It's been kind of a nutty week. And I feel really bad for putting this off for so long. LOL But we found out the sex of the baby!!
IT'S A GIRL!!!
I truly believe Matt might just be the happiest man alive right now. I'm happy too. But I would really have been happy either way, boy or girl. This feels like my first pregnancy! It might be because it's the first time it wasn't planned. Of course it feels the same to Matt. But now that it's a girl, he's a whole new person. He finally acts as psyched as I feel. He is the one that is going crazy buying girl things already! It makes it so much fun! :)

So there's awesome news. I sobbed like a little baby when he said "It's A Girl!" and pretty much missed the rest of the ultrasound. Thomas and Connor were thrilled too which is good because Connor really wanted another boy. :) But now that it's a girl he is just as happy as can be and is already planning on teaching her how to "Play Dollies" (he says that with his arms cradled in front of him. It's adorable.)
I had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test yesterday.. It was hellish, but shockingly enough, I didn't throw up!! That was a shocker because I had to go in fasting. Here's how it went down: I went and hung out with Jess and Katrina the night before and grabbed some Ice Cream. Then when 9:00 came around I made sure not to eat anything else. I woke up and felt pretty good, drove Thomas to school and went in for my test. Obviously, they take your blood while you're fasting. Then they give you 5 mins to guzzle the drink. The only thing is, it's 100 grams of glucose where as the 1 hour one is 50. It tastes DISGUSTING!!! Then you go relax for an hour, then go back and get your blood drawn again and continue this pattern until you've had your blood taken a total of 4 times.. In 2 arms... I look like a drug addict.
I felt fine at first, then the 1 hour later, still felt pretty ok. Then the 2 hour I started going downhill and by the time I did the 3rd hour I was miserable. They kept trying to get me to drink some water or something, but I really just wanted to pass out and sleep forever. They said people usually afterward run and get some lunch. Not me! :) I didn't want anything. I didn't want to eat. I didn't want to drink. I came home, cuddled Matt, Cried and slept and slept and slept...
Which wasn't a very good idea.
I woke up and went to the bathroom and when I stood up my heart started racing, I was light headed yet my body felt like lead. I knew I was going to pass out and I had to get something in me and fast!
I went to the kitchen to make myself some toast and propped myself up against the wall. My body proceeded to feel heavier and heavier. It was like I was dead weight. I managed to make it to the living room to sit down and I told Matt what was happening and to go get me my toast. I ate and while I was trying to eat I am not even kidding you I was shaking so bad it was like I was having a seizure! I was terrified.
I told myself that if I wasn't better in 20 mins I was going to have Matt drive me to the E.R. LOL...
Anyone who knows me knows how bad it must have been for me to consider that. :)
20 mins later I was still weak and sick and fighting to hold down the food I just ate, but I wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had been so I figured I'd be fine, I just needed to keep my blood sugar up.
Later we were able to go shopping and while I never felt quite right the whole day after that, I was ok.
Now I'm just curious about the results....
I guess we'll have to wait and see! LOL
Fingers Crossed! I'll update as soon as I find out! (Maybe)
*Update: So of course I got a call from my doctor. It's official. I have gestational diabetes. I knew I would, but I was still hoping I wouldn't you know? Ugh.. Anyways, looks like more frequent doctors visits, lots of finger poking, trips to the diabetic clinic and a strict diet... Ugh.
I truly believe Matt might just be the happiest man alive right now. I'm happy too. But I would really have been happy either way, boy or girl. This feels like my first pregnancy! It might be because it's the first time it wasn't planned. Of course it feels the same to Matt. But now that it's a girl, he's a whole new person. He finally acts as psyched as I feel. He is the one that is going crazy buying girl things already! It makes it so much fun! :)

So there's awesome news. I sobbed like a little baby when he said "It's A Girl!" and pretty much missed the rest of the ultrasound. Thomas and Connor were thrilled too which is good because Connor really wanted another boy. :) But now that it's a girl he is just as happy as can be and is already planning on teaching her how to "Play Dollies" (he says that with his arms cradled in front of him. It's adorable.)
I had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test yesterday.. It was hellish, but shockingly enough, I didn't throw up!! That was a shocker because I had to go in fasting. Here's how it went down: I went and hung out with Jess and Katrina the night before and grabbed some Ice Cream. Then when 9:00 came around I made sure not to eat anything else. I woke up and felt pretty good, drove Thomas to school and went in for my test. Obviously, they take your blood while you're fasting. Then they give you 5 mins to guzzle the drink. The only thing is, it's 100 grams of glucose where as the 1 hour one is 50. It tastes DISGUSTING!!! Then you go relax for an hour, then go back and get your blood drawn again and continue this pattern until you've had your blood taken a total of 4 times.. In 2 arms... I look like a drug addict.
I felt fine at first, then the 1 hour later, still felt pretty ok. Then the 2 hour I started going downhill and by the time I did the 3rd hour I was miserable. They kept trying to get me to drink some water or something, but I really just wanted to pass out and sleep forever. They said people usually afterward run and get some lunch. Not me! :) I didn't want anything. I didn't want to eat. I didn't want to drink. I came home, cuddled Matt, Cried and slept and slept and slept...
Which wasn't a very good idea.
I woke up and went to the bathroom and when I stood up my heart started racing, I was light headed yet my body felt like lead. I knew I was going to pass out and I had to get something in me and fast!
I went to the kitchen to make myself some toast and propped myself up against the wall. My body proceeded to feel heavier and heavier. It was like I was dead weight. I managed to make it to the living room to sit down and I told Matt what was happening and to go get me my toast. I ate and while I was trying to eat I am not even kidding you I was shaking so bad it was like I was having a seizure! I was terrified.
I told myself that if I wasn't better in 20 mins I was going to have Matt drive me to the E.R. LOL...
Anyone who knows me knows how bad it must have been for me to consider that. :)
20 mins later I was still weak and sick and fighting to hold down the food I just ate, but I wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had been so I figured I'd be fine, I just needed to keep my blood sugar up.
Later we were able to go shopping and while I never felt quite right the whole day after that, I was ok.
Now I'm just curious about the results....
I guess we'll have to wait and see! LOL
Fingers Crossed! I'll update as soon as I find out! (Maybe)
*Update: So of course I got a call from my doctor. It's official. I have gestational diabetes. I knew I would, but I was still hoping I wouldn't you know? Ugh.. Anyways, looks like more frequent doctors visits, lots of finger poking, trips to the diabetic clinic and a strict diet... Ugh.


0 comments:
Post a Comment